Monday, April 6, 2009

As i have previously stated in class, at first i was somewhat put off by this book.  Since i concentrate on nature and wildlife photography the images and "contemporary art" of photography expressed in the text was not immediately appealing to me.  But, as the class progressed and are discussions on the book expanded i slowly grew a greater appreciation for the book and the artists within it.  I think the the two chapters and type of photography that connected best with me was the third chapter on deadpan and the sixth chapter on moments in history.  What strikes me most about deadpan is the incredible scale and clarity that the shots are taken.  As a wildlife photographer, clarity is one of my main concerns.  As for moments in history, i believe this chapter once again really speaks to my style of photography by documenting social and ecological disasters.  I believe photography is an incredible tool for spreading knowledge and awareness of these various disastrous situations.  
B39573_m.jpg
Misrach_OutdoorDining.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment