Monday, March 23, 2009






Once again i have done all my photos out at the genius reserve.  My approach to the photos has not really changed.  I am still looking to capture wildlife in rare moments and express the relationship between humans and nature.  Although most of my photos have concentrated purely  on wildlife, i am starting to shoot photos that express more human characteristics such as the barn on the reserve.  I also hope to shoot wildlife living close to and within human confined areas.  I wish to ask the class if they have any suggestions on how to progress towards my idea of expressing the relationship between humans and nature, and what they think is working well with my project and what i can do without.  In particular are the wildlife shots getting too repetitive and should i find another direction to concentrate on or suggestions to improve my current path.  Thanks, Holt.
P.S.  the details of many of these shots cannot be seen in such a small format so i will print them out for class in a larger format when i am better.  see you all soon.

1 comment:

  1. I really like this set of photos. I feel like you payed a lot of attention to formal elements while taking these. I especially like the second to last one. It's really simple and I like that a lot.

    To me the photos with the animals in them are less about human/animal interaction and more about how the animals sort of "rule" over nature. Humans are really not well-equipped to survive in nature without tearing it down, but animals have mastered it. I don't know if that helps at all, but that's just what I thought of when I saw this particular group of pictures.

    ReplyDelete